by Beyond stereotypes
This list comprises of common stereotypes of continental Africans. None of the below statements have a factual basis nor are any of them true. The list is a snapshot to the cloud of ignorance that exist in some Americans that we have met minds.
1. They’re all good at spear-throwing.
2. They are uneducated.
3. You’ll find wild animals in their front yard
4. They’re all in tribes.
5. They live in trees and huts.
6. They hunt lions.
7. They are great runners because they are always running during hunts.
8. They are all living in unsanitary conditions.
9. Africa is a land filled with diseases.
10. All Africans look the same.
Many of these stereotypes are a result of media coverage and a lack of research on the part of individuals. Ignorance can only be cured through a pursuit of knowledge and until people begin to pursue facts, they will have closed minds and never know the true beauty of African culture and African people.